Electriq Power has launched its latest lithium iron phosphate battery for the living area: the PowerPod 2.
Notable product improvements to the PowerPod 2 include:
- More power: 11.4 kW DC solar power (AC-coupled available from early 2021)
- Improved power: 7.6 kW continuous power and 9.1 kW peak power for 60 seconds
- 96% round trip efficiency
- Outdoor battery (NEMA 3R)
- Fail-safe communication with the PowerPod in the event of power and internet failures via integrated LTE
- Modular and easy to install as well as guaranteed commissioning during installation with LTE
- Grid services enabled through OpenADR 2.0b certification or the PowerADR protocol developed by Electriq
“With each new generation, the PowerPod product raises the bar for hardware, software and control functions for energy storage systems for private households,” said Frank Magnotti, CEO of Electriq Power. “This builds on our success with the PowerPod 1 and offers a very robust and secure LFP-based storage system at an affordable price. We believe the PowerPod 2 is one of the most powerful, full featured household battery systems on the market and we look forward to receiving feedback from customers and installers in the months to come. “
Electriq Power is currently taking pre-orders for the PowerPod 2. The delivery is expected to take place in January 2021.
Message from Electriq