Our sunny skies paved the way for a booming solar panel industry in Western Australia as many households look for ways to cut their electricity bills while reducing their carbon footprint.
In fact, rooftop solar has become so popular that an estimated 300,000 WA households have already installed panels, which is one-fifth of the electricity generated on our main grid.
While there is a lot to love about this renewable energy source, some consumers have come to consumer protection with complaints about poor quality parts, bankrupt businesses, and intrusive sales tactics.
When considering installing solar energy on the roof, first ask yourself whether these are suitable for your needs, as solar energy often benefits consumers who use most of their electricity during the day. Also, calculate how much you’re saving by checking your energy usage on a recent bill.
If you decide the savings are worth it, it’s also important to consider the orientation and slope of your roof to determine how much sun your panels would get, as well as the total price for all of the components (panels and inverters). of an installed system.
Before you agree to buy a solar system:
- Receive multiple quotes for the total cost.
- Make sure your preferred supplier is accredited by searching the Clean Energy Council (CEC) website.
- If a supplier’s verbal claims affect your decision, have them included in the contract.
- understand the terms of the contract;
- Check with your insurer as your home insurance may need to be expanded to cover the system.
- If you live on a shift scheme, check that you have permission to install a system. and
- Read online reviews and dealer feedback
Solar power suppliers must not use vigorous or pressurized sales tactics to induce you to buy, nor should they provide you with false or misleading information. They also need to ensure that their products and services meet consumer guarantees.
/ Public release. The material in this public release is from the original organization and may be temporal and edited for clarity, style and length. Full view here.