Littelfuse, a global manufacturer of circuit protection, power control and sensor technology, announced the addition of 35 to 60 amp models to its SPXV series of solar string fuses. These 20 x 127 mm 1,500 V DC solar fuses were developed for integration in an LFXV15 fuse block and a cover holder and protect PV systems from overloads and short circuits in order to minimize damage to solar modules.
“Littelfuse recognizes the need to provide higher levels of power protection while reducing costs in order to keep solar power competitive with other forms of power generation,” said Sakthidharan Krishnamoorthy, product manager for the Littelfuse Industrial Business Unit. “With available amperages up to 60 A, more solar fuse chains can be pre-combined to reduce the number of inputs in combination boxes, thus reducing installation time and labor costs.”
Other important advantages of the SPXV series solar fuses with 35 to 60 amps are:
- More power protection in less space for more design flexibility
- Fast, full range features to protect against frequent overload and short circuit faults
- Meets the requirements of the photovoltaic fuse according to UL 248-19 and IEC 60269-6
- Product labels with QR codes provide real-time access to part numbers, voltage, programming conditions and date codes to save time on product replacement and inventory
- Advantages of the LFXV15 Series Fuse Block and Cover Holder include:
A dead front cover that provides personal protection
- Ventilated design to keep the fuse running cooler even at high ambient temperatures and rated currents and to increase the life of the fuse
- Narrower width to accommodate more blocks in one panel and to maximize space
- Easily remove and replace the fuse to minimize maintenance time. No tools required.
- 35mm DIN rail mount option for quick assembly and installation
- Compatibility with Littelfuse SPXV 20 x 127 mm solar fuses rated at 35-60 amps
Message from Littelfuse